Tandem Paragliding Information and Booking Conditions
What to expect
We’ll meet near a hillside or cliff. There may be a short hike to takeoff. You’ll be given a clear and simple briefing – then instructor and passenger will don their harnesses, attach the paragliding wing, and launch off into the sky. The whole experience lasts 1 – 2 hours. The duration of the flight depends on the weather – we aim for 20 minutes, which might be split into several flights.
- Fitness: you should be reasonably fit, able to run a few metres and jump and bend your knees. You must inform us of any health issues.
- Age: At least 9 years old
- Weight: 42 to 100 kg
- Risk: must appreciate that this is a high risk adventure sport, and be willing to sign our risk warning (under 18s must have parental consent). Click the tab above labelled “The Risks” to read the risk warning.
- Pay us over the phone or by Paypal – unless you have a gift certificate.
- Book at least three possible dates for your flight – we need multiple options in case the weather is bad. We’ll book more dates if and when earlier ones are cancelled.
- The evening before your booked day, you’ll receive confirmation if the weather will allow the flight to go ahead, and where to meet the next day.
- If all goes well, we’ll fly and have fun. If for any reason we cannot complete your flight, you’ll be invited to book another day.
- You can cancel and receive a full refund if you have not yet flown, you have not failed to turn up to a booked day, and it is at least 12 hours before your next booked day (ie. noon the day before).
- If it is less than 12 hours before your next booked day, or you fail to turn up on your booked day, we will deduct £20 from any refund.
- Sometimes we confirm that your flight is going ahead the night before, but then on the day the weather is not as forecast and we cannot fly. You have the option of a full refund if this happens twice or more.
- You must be pro-active about booking flying dates with us – if we have not heard from you for more than 1 year then your voucher will expire with no refunds after that.
What to wear
Paragliding passengers should wear grippy shoes, ideally with ankle support, full length trousers, and a wind proof jacket. Gloves and multiple layers are needed in the winter.
Your flight includes 3rd party insurance arranged through our national body, the British Hang Gliding and Paragliding Association. However, this insurance is not designed to pay compensation for personal injury. If you require personal injury insurance, most travel insurance providers will sell 1 day policies for travel in the UK with paragliding as an option.